What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine focuses on the idea that the body has the ability to heal itself when given all the right tools and ideal healing conditions. It’s goal is to achieve wellness and to focus on prevention of illness. By finding and focusing on the root cause of your illness, we can help you optimize your body’s condition and provide guidance on what the body needs so it can heal itself.
Naturopathic medicine has a role in integrative health care, as it can be used on it’s own or in combination with conventional treatment to have your body working at it’s greatest potential.
Who should see a Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic medicine can be used by people of all ages experiencing a host of health conditions or histories that want to take their health into their own hands and obtain an individualized treatment plan that works best for their lifestyle.
What conditions can be treated with Naturopathic medicine?
Naturopathic doctors are trained as primary healthcare providers, trained in basic science courses, laboratory and diagnostics, and pharmacology as well as our own specific modalities which include nutritional counselling, botanical medicine, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, hydrotherapy and a host of other options. Some conditions that are commonly treated with Naturopathic medicine include:
- Digestive conditions such as constipation, IBS, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, GERD, food intolerances
- Metabolic conditions such as type II diabetes, high cholesterol and fatty liver disease
- Cardiovascular diseases like high blood pressure/hypertension and atherosclerosis
- Stress management, depression, and anxiety
- Hormonal conditions, which include menstrual problems, PCOS, infertility, acne, and menopause support
- Immune and autoimmune conditions such as allergies, asthma, and common infections like colds and flus
- Thyroid conditions (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism)
- Pain management
- Fatigue and sleep disorders
- Nutritional and dietary counselling and weight loss
Preparing for your visit…
Your initial visit will be 60-90 minutes. You will be asked a number of questions about your health history and some specifics about the condition(s) you are looking to address. Any necessary physical exams will be done during this time and following that we will build a treatment plan that works for you. Your follow-up visit will be anywhere from 15-60 minutes depending on how much time we will need to talk about how your treatment has been going and to make any necessary changes.
Initial visit: $165
Follow-up visit (45 minutes): $100
Follow-up visit (30 minutes): $66
Follow-up visit (15 minutes): $45
Acupuncture (30 minutes): $72
*Many extended health care plans cover naturopathic medicine and direct billing is provided
**Contact about pediatric and senior rates.